Thursday 15 November 2018

Blogging About Spot to Spot

When I first started to write this strange little travel book my intention was to fill it with photos and pictures of the various areas that we pass over, but when coming to the end of the book I decided against this, instead I thought why not go out and take my own pictures of some of these places and make an album or a follow up book just with the pictures from the journey. Of course, anyone can do this, I wonder if the pictures would be the same? It would be interesting to find out in the future if anyone has actually gone out and done this, I will try, but it is a long journey!
So I started this blog page just for this purpose, where people/ travellers alike can send in their own pictures of the drones journey, maybe a drone selfie at Ironbridge or even going up the Stannah Stairlift!

So go out there and follow the drone’s journey and snap away and take some beautiful memories along the way.

spot-to-spot paperback

The following extract is from the introduction to this quirky travel guide and as I tried to paint a picture of the mighty drone that was used.

"What makes the Imagination Drone (I.D) work?, It can be controlled from a single point or a control room, it as a GPS system and a point to point system that lets the controller map out a route of any kind. It weighs 420 grams and depending on conditions, it can reach a top speed of 8 meters per second, with dimensions of 1600mm in length a width of 240mm and standing height set at 150mm. Having a 1TB of onboard memory at its disposal and a backup with a 2GB memory card with a live video feed that is HD quality at 1280 x 720p (30 fps).  It can also snap high-quality JPG photo’s, you will not miss much of the action and with an onboard radar system, it can occasionally pinpoint those interesting places and views along its flight path"

No comments:

Post a Comment